Chaplains can be a good first point of contact to have chat about any concerns and you don’t have to be ‘religious’ to contact us, we are here for everyone.
We understand how hard it is to take the first step to ask for help, therefore we want to make it as easy as possible. What about a chat face to face over coffee in the coffee shop (or wine bar) of your choosing? There are always quiet spots to be found in the Wharf.
Some of the things people chat to us about are…
- challenges or stress at work
- concerns about a child or a disabled or elderly relative and their care
- anxieties about a family member or friend who is very sick or dying
- finding the death of someone you love hard to cope with
- going through a bad patch in your relationship or needing support through a divorce.
- religious or faith matters
Our aim is to meet up with you on the day you contact us or a soon as is mutually convenient (before work, during the day or after work whatever suits you). All conversations are confidential.
To contact the chaplains
Chaplains can also suggest ways of getting support from other organisations, local and national, or you can make contact directly from your desk. We are happy to put you in touch with your own faith community.
Help from your desk… Information about other local or national organisations:
How to find a counsellor
- We recommend REFRAME, based in Canary Wharf, One Canada Square
- For help near where you live try: Go to See, Counselling Directory, BACP
Bereavement Support – Cruse Bereavement Care
Mental Health – Time to Change this is a good place to start if you have concerns
Debt – Debt Advice Foundation